8(a) Contract Vehicle
“Reducing contract award time by months!”
The Small Business Administration’s minority business 8(a) program was established to help small minority firms compete for federal contracts. When working with a quality firm such as ProTec the SBA 8(a) program is a tremendous tool that benefits all parties concerned. ProTec became 8(a) Certified in April of 2008. ProTec has 7 years left on its 8(a) contract vehicle.
How can ProTec help federal buyers with our 8(a) contract vehicle?
- Contracts can be sole sourced, no competition required up to $4M.
- Administrative time is reduced (faster awards). Contracts can be awarded in days or weeks.
- Reduces contract protests.
- No competition reduces the paperwork required from technical POC’s prior to and after the award.
- ProTec and Government customer can discuss technical and personnel requirements before and during contract preparation.
- ProTec is required to perform 51% of the contract. This allows ProTec to add other companies if additional capabilities are required under a contract.
Why does a contracting officer want 8(a) contractors?
- No competition reduces the paperwork required from the contracting office.
- Federal contracting officers have 8(a) contract requirements.
- Contract protests less than under 8(a) contracts than most other contract vehicles.